Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dreaming of Spring



If you have been reading my posts, you know that I have been participating in the Zap Twin Cities program. For me, the calendar on their website provides a nice visual indicator of how often I am riding that helps me set goals and motivates me to keep going. It has definitely helped me stay on top of my goals through the winter months. There have been a few icy days where I have got in the saddle just to hear that beep as I pass by the Zap station. A nice bonus is that they have a monthly drawing for prizes for those that have been "zapped" eight times in a month.

I don't expect to win the drawing, but they have occasional bonus freebees that I have been able to get in on. For being consistent in riding through September and October, I scored tickets to a Timberwolves game. For riding on some of the coldest days in January, I received tickets to take my family to the Minneapolis Home and Garden Show, which we were able to attend a few weeks ago. It was so nice to get out of the house, take the twins to do something other than for a walk at the mall on a Saturday, and fantasize about summer gardening and other projects around the house. As the first day of spring has passed this week and winter's chill continues to hang on, I keep riding and waiting for warmer days and wearing fewer layers.



Can't imagine someone putting a Moai Easter Island statue
in their yard, but it was a fun feature at the garden show.



Saddle up!



The Minneapolis Convention Center has a spacey view, that was fascinating to our twins.






They also loved seeing the large crowds of people. I think we were like most of these folks, zombies from our wintery world trying to forget that all this green was contained in a climate controlled convention center.












 
Love the willows(Salix caprea).


Everybody needs big bundles of twigs.



Skyway Performers






No comments:

Post a Comment