Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Post Polar Vortex

When I woke up in Minneapolis today we had 4 inches of snow on the ground and it was still snowing. I had not slept at all last night because one of the twins has been sick and needed "daddy" to lay on the floor next to his crib all night. This May or may not have led to my judgement call to ride my bike in the snow. Really, this is not unusual for me, but I have been a little out of practice since the Polar Vortex visited the Upper Midwest, and it is funny to me that my first ride of the new year would be today. Yesterday was so fantastic, that I was kicking myself for not getting out. 

After seeing a couple of dudes on some commuters decked out with fenders and wearing trim riding gear, I felt skittle ghetto on my old ride wearing a ranch jacket. To each his own.

There you have it. First ride of '14 on 1/14 in 4" of snow.









No comments:

Post a Comment