Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May is Bike Month

This month is National Bike Month, this week is Bike Week, tomorrow is Bike to Work Day -- where it will all coalesce into complete awesomeness. Fortunately I didn't destroy my bike in frustration earlier in the week as I took on some repairs that I had usually reserved for the bike shop when the coffers were a little more flush (pre-twins) -- and so have been able to enjoy riding in the nice weather the past couple of days.

I have to say, it has been cool to see a lot of 'non-riders' become 'riders' as they get out on their bikes to participate in the over 50 special events around town. Speaking of, I passed a bloke who's squeaky Trek seemed in bad need of a tune up (at the very least needed some drivetrain lube); should I have mentioned that there are several places around town offering free quick tune ups this week? Ever the reserved Scandinavian, I just pedaled along without comment in order to avoid any possibility of perceived offense. 

Today, it was great to happen upon one of the many commuter pit-stops provided by the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition throughout town this week to promote the MPLS Bike Week and bike commuting. I thank them for the morning snacks and the free bike lights and maps I was able to pick up. I snapped a few photos with my phone. (See how biking makes people happy!) I'll prominently display my new "I Biked" sticker this week and hope to bump into some of these nice folks again soon. 









No comments:

Post a Comment